In the center of the city of Loutraki is the impressive and peaceful Cathedral dedicated to Saint John the Prodromos. An earthquake destroyed the first building, which was founded on February 1st 1886.
The present Church was built in the same place in 1933 and founded by His Reverence Metropolite Damaskinos on April 10, 1933. The style of the church based on a study of Orlando, is a three-aisle basilica with its middle aisle raised in order to obtain plenty and natural sunlight.
The yard is beautifully taken care of and artistically planted. In the N.W. of the church stands the Campanile with a built-in staircase. The hagiography is exceptional and according to Byzantine style.