The Holy Church Of Saint Andreas

The Holy Church Of Saint Andreas

Built in 1345 by Byzantine emperor John F. Kantakouzenos to commemorate the persecution of St. Andrew by the Romans.In the the north side of the courtyard, 4 steps lead to the entrance of a cave where St. Andrew was hidden, persecuted by Roman soldiers. According to tradition, dense cobweb closed the entrance and protected him from the pursuers.